Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Daffy:1996


As I have mentioned, it is hard for me to ever call a cartoon horrible. I always try to find at least one redeeming quality in even the most lackluster offering. It is with this spirit that I will comment on "Superior Duck".


Super-hero Daffy has problems with the film's narrator, who can never seem to get his lines right. "Faster than a speeding snail!" That could be funny...I guess...*ahem*...


A gag involving a disintegration-proof vest from "Duck Dodgers" is reused. It was funny the first time, so it surely must work here just as effectively...right?


Several other characters make appearances as well. Foghorn Leghorn assaults Daffy for no real reason and Tweety is a toy-train conductor who "tawt he taw a putty duck". Now, I'm not quite sure what a "putty duck" is, other than an attempt to twist Tweety's classic line about a "putty tat", but....ok, I can handle this...
Taz makes an appearance. Taz is cool, right?...erm...right?


After an encounter with Superman, Daffy decides to become "Superior Bug", who is faster than a speeding flyswatter and....and...I can't do it! I just can't do it! It's horrible! Horrible, I say! What were you thinking, Chuck Jones? After all the good you have done, why would you lure us into this seething cauldron of pain?! It hurts! Oh God, why?!?!?! Why?!?!?! *uncontrollable sobbing*

1 comment:

James E. Daniels said...

I liked the unexplained cameo of the Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote....